Discover why magnesium is an excellent supplement during testosterone therapy in West Palm Beach!
However, as we age, undernutrition and hormone deficiency are more prevalent.
Mineral assessment has been associated with a determinant of physical performance.
Studies have shown that magnesium positively impacts male hormonal status, including testosterone.
In this article, let’s discuss why you should take magnesium supplements while undergoing testosterone therapy in our West Palm Beach clinic.
The body utilizes magnesium for hundreds of cellular reactions. Testosterone therapy in West Palm Beach, along with magnesium supplements, can boost your energy levels and so much more.
What is magnesium?
Magnesium is one of the most abundant minerals in the human body. It is naturally present in many foods, added to other food products, available as a dietary supplement, and in some medicines.
Magnesium is involved in a bunch of things, like protein synthesis, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, blood pressure regulation, and energy production. In addition, magnesium is needed for nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction, and heart rhythm regulation.
Sources of magnesium
- Food – Green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds, and whole grains are excellent sources of magnesium.
- Dietary supplements – Magnesium supplements are available in various forms, including magnesium oxide, citrate, and chloride.
- Medicines – Magnesium is a primary ingredient in some drugs, such as laxatives, remedies for heartburn, and antacids.
Top reasons why you should take magnesium supplements
Magnesium boosts levels of testosterone.
Magnesium supplementation can help return testosterone levels to normal if the cause of the decrease is a deficiency. Magnesium supplementation has increased free and total testosterone levels in sedentary and active individuals.
- Magnesium improves bone health.In addition to calcium, magnesium also plays a crucial role in supporting bone health. Magnesium is involved in bone formation and influences the activities of osteoblasts and osteoclasts. It also stimulates a hormone called calcitonin, which plays a key role in regulating the amount of calcium in bones.Some studies have shown that increasing magnesium intake has shown an increase in bone mineral density. However, the exact role of magnesium in preventing and managing osteoporosis is mainly unexplored.
- Magnesium improves muscle health.Losing muscle with age is common; however, you can drastically reduce this with magnesium supplementation. Magnesium is involved in the production of insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1), which you need for muscle growth and strength. Magnesium may benefit older adults in terms of muscle strength.Magnesium also helps the muscles contract and relax properly. It acts as a natural calcium blocker to help muscles relax. Muscle cramps and spasms may occur if your body doesn’t have enough magnesium to compete with calcium.
- Magnesium enhances exercise performance and muscle recovery.It is critical to get enough magnesium for everyday function. Research has shown that adequate magnesium levels can improve exercise performance.In addition to improving strength and power, they may also be able to improve extension, flexion, rotation, and jumping.
- Magnesium can improve sleep quality.We all know how important good quality sleep is to our mind and body; we need rest so our bodies can have time to repair and recuperate. Taking magnesium may improve the quality of your sleep by helping your mind and body relax.This relaxation may assist you in falling asleep faster and improving your sleep quality. Magnesium may also play a role in melatonin regulation. Studies have shown that taking magnesium supplements will help you fall asleep faster, improve sleep quality, and decrease insomnia symptoms.
Magnesium and its role in testosterone production
The male sex hormone testosterone plays a crucial role in men’s overall health and well-being, specifically in sperm production and sex drive.
Testosterone levels decline naturally around 30 years of age, causing some men to feel overweight and have low libido.
Low magnesium levels may contribute to a slight fall in testosterone levels; however, we can correct this by eating more magnesium-rich foods.
The use of testosterone therapy has been proven to offer men over 35 a greatly improved quality of life due to its safe and effective nature in dealing with the effects of low testosterone.
Get Testosterone Therapy in West Palm Beach
Age-related testosterone loss can be treated very effectively with testosterone therapy for men. If you’re in the West Palm Beach area, Hormone Logics is here to help!
Here are some benefits of testosterone therapy:
- Increased energy levels – Testosterone therapy increases metabolism, allowing you to convert fat into energy more effectively.
- Enhanced fat burning and muscle building – Testosterone therapy not only improves fat burning, but it also increases lean muscle growth. This results in weight loss, and you become leaner and more fit.
- Improved sex drive – Testosterone therapy increases men’s sex drive and enhances their sexual performance in the bedroom.
- Stronger bones – Testosterone therapy promotes stronger, healthier bones and decreases the risk of osteoporosis.
- Better heart health – Several studies have shown that low testosterone levels increase the risk of stroke and heart attack in men. Testosterone therapy can improve heart health as well as reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Improved memory and cognition – Testosterone therapy can improve memory, focus, and concentration.
Be Healthier with Magnesium Supplements and Testosterone Therapy
Hormone Logics offers testosterone therapy to help alleviate signs and symptoms associated with age-related hormone decline in men.
Hormone Logics at West Palm Beach is your place to discover ageless health. We are dedicated to helping you begin an excellent new phase of your life.
Call Hormone Logics at (561) 640-3333 for a consultation to learn how testosterone therapy for men can help improve your life!