Discover how thyroid hormone therapy in West Palm Beach can make men and women happier and healthier!
Twenty million Americans are estimated to have thyroid dysfunction, with millions more undiagnosed and unaware of their condition. More older adults suffer from thyroid dysfunction, with nearly one in four of those over 65 years old experiencing some sort of thyroid issue.
What’s more, those thyroid problems are much more common among women than men. Approximately one in eight women will develop thyroid problems in their lifetime.
You can balance your hormones naturally by eating right, exercising, and leading a healthy lifestyle. However, the best way to balance your thyroid hormones is through thyroid hormone therapy in West Palm Beach.
Thyroid hormone balance makes you feel more energetic, builds muscle, increases bone density, prevents memory loss, and prolongs your life.
What are thyroid hormones?
The thyroid gland produces thyroid hormones that control many activities in the body. Besides regulating metabolic rate, thyroid hormones also control heart and muscle function, cognition, brain development, and bone development.
You can benefit from thyroid hormone therapy if you have the following symptoms:
- Increased sensitivity to heat/cold
- Drastic weight gain/ loss
- Brittle hair and nails
- Sleep problems
- Impaired memory
- Increased/decreased appetite
Ways to Balance Your Hormones
Thyroid hormone imbalance usually causes a decreased quality of life. It causes symptoms like fatigue, mood swings, weight changes, loss of stamina, and cognitive decline.
A holistic approach to hormone balancing is necessary, including thyroid hormone therapy. A healthy lifestyle combined with thyroid hormone therapy can improve quality of life and reverse the effects of thyroid imbalance.
- Avoid sugar and refined carbs – It’s no surprise that so many Americans have hormonal and thyroid issues. One of the most significant contributors to these health challenges is the standard American diet full of processed foods high in sugar, sodium, and bad fats.Good nutrition is essential to our well-being, including balanced blood sugar levels. A healthy, well-balanced diet of whole foods can help balance blood sugar levels, which can affect the thyroid. Generally, only 10-20% of your total daily calories should come from carbs. Incorporate fiber in your diet, such as vegetables and some fruits.
- Reduce your stress levels by meditating – Stress may exacerbate an underlying thyroid condition. When you are stressed, your body releases the hormone cortisol. Cortisol can interfere with thyroid hormone production; too much cortisol in the body makes the thyroid work harder to produce sufficient amounts of thyroid hormone. Mind-body interventions like yoga, meditation, and cognitive-behavioral therapy have been shown to reduce stress, affecting the endocrine system. Meditation lowers cortisol levels, which may support thyroid function. Meditation and practicing mindfulness helps manage stress levels and improve overall well-being. Not only can meditation lower your cortisol levels, but it can also reduce feelings of depression and improve memory and sleep quality.
- Exercise regularly – Studies have shown that regular exercise may increase a person’s stress tolerance. It’s also one of the most important things to improve hormone balance. Physical activity enhances the delivery of nutrients and hormones to different body parts.Exercise releases mood-boosting endorphins in the brain and lowers stress hormones like cortisol. Moreover, regular exercise can improve many of the symptoms associated with thyroid imbalance, such as weight gain, depression, and low energy.
- Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep – Because of our busy schedules, we often don’t get enough quality sleep. Research has shown that not getting enough sleep increases cortisol production. To allow the body to heal and recover, we must sleep for at least seven to eight hours. People with thyroid problems usually have sleep problems. Prioritizing sleep may help alleviate these symptoms. Also, mental and physical disorders like depression and anxiety are linked to disruptions of the circadian rhythm.
- Take vitamin and mineral supplements – Dietary interventions may treat certain thyroid diseases, including the use of supplements. Some of the most important nutrients for thyroid health include selenium, iodine, zinc, and iron. These nutrients protect the thyroid and are vital for thyroid hormone production. In addition, specific vitamins are powerhouses for stress management. The most popular stress-busting vitamins are B-complex vitamins and magnesium. Hypothyroid patients are at high risk for B12 deficiency so supplementation may improve symptoms. Thyroid dysfunction has also been linked to magnesium deficiency.
- Try thyroid hormone therapy – The best way to get your natural hormone balance back is with thyroid hormone therapy. Thyroid hormone therapy in West Palm Beach is a holistic and medically supervised approach to regulating the thyroid hormones that control various bodily functions. We want to help you become the best and healthy version of yourself.
Early symptoms of thyroid imbalance may not be noticeable. Thyroid issues, if left untreated, can cause a range of health problems. The best way to manage and prevent thyroid problems is with thyroid hormone therapy.
Feel Your Best with Thyroid Hormone Therapy in West Palm Beach
Hormone Logics offers thyroid hormone therapy to make you feel more energetic and healthier.
Thyroid hormone therapy has been shown to help alleviate symptoms associated with a thyroid imbalance.
Discover ageless health at Hormone Logics in West Palm Beach.
Hormone Logics is a premier medical wellness center in West Palm Beach, FL, specializing in various services, such as nutraceuticals, bioidentical hormone therapy, testosterone therapy, and customized diet and exercise programs. You can achieve your health goals with hormone therapy, diet, and exercise programs.
Our staff of medical professionals is dedicated to helping you meet your needs and goals.
See what thyroid hormone therapy can do for you! Call Hormone Logics today at (561) 640-3333 for a consultation!