Does hormone imbalance hamper your daily activities and quality of life? Consider hormone therapy at West Palm Beach!
Have you been feeling bloated, irritable, or just not
You could be dealing with a hormonal shift in your body.
Read on to find out how hormones affect your daily life and how hormone therapy can help you.
What are hormones, and what do they do?
Hormones are produced by different glands and released into the bloodstream to the various tissues in the body. Hormones are chemicals that control nearly all the processes in the body. Hormones control the following body functions:
- Appetite and metabolism
- Sleep cycle
- Mood and stress levels
- Heart rate
- Sexual and reproductive functions
- Overall growth and development
- Body temperature
Hormones send out signals to different tissues in the body and tell them what to do. A hormone imbalance may occur if the glands do not make enough hormones, resulting in diseases that can develop and affect your quality of life. Why not consider hormone therapy to correct it? Hormone therapy is available in West Palm Beach!
Hormonal imbalances occur when too much or too little of a hormone is present in the body. Hormone therapy can help correct these hormone imbalances.
What are the signs and symptoms of hormone imbalance?
A hormonal imbalance occurs when your body produces too much or too few essential hormones.
Well-balanced hormone levels are crucial for the proper functioning of the body.
Lear more Here: Signs That You May Need Human Growth Hormone Therapy
Here are some signs of hormonal imbalance to look out for:
- Mood swings – Mood swings in men are a primary symptom of andropause (or male menopause). Males between the ages of 40 and 60 are especially prone to irritability due to hormonal imbalances. Low testosterone and high cortisol levels are often the causes of mood swings in men. Men who have high levels of cortisol experience stress; cortisol is the stress hormone. High estrogen levels can also cause mood swings in men. When men gain weight, fat cells produce estrogen from testosterone.
- Low libido – Low libido is particularly common in men going through low testosterone levels. In male sexual dysfunction, testosterone plays a central role. Males most commonly suffer from premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction, both of which are symptoms of sexual dysfunction. Other andropause symptoms such as night sweats, fatigue, low mood, and anxiety can also have an impact on your sex life.
- Poor quality of sleep – Low testosterone during andropause can lead to sleep apnea, leading to insomnia or other sleep problems in men. Sleep apnea is the interruption of or difficulty of breathing during sleep. Sleep apnea, characterized by interrupted breathing and loud snoring, often disrupts sleep during the night. This can cause fatigue and mood swings.
- Unexplained, prolonged fatigue – Reduced testosterone levels during andropause lead to insomnia and sleep apnea among men, contributing to fatigue. Aside from testosterone decline, disturbances in sleep can be caused by stress, depression, night sweats, irritability, and weight gain.
- Sudden, unexplained weight gain – Hormone-related conditions such as an underactive thyroid can cause weight gain. Increases in cortisol levels cause the body to go into survival mode, suppressing the metabolism and inducing fat storage. This results in weight gain.
What are the types of hormone imbalance in men?
The most common types of hormone imbalance in men are as follows:
- Andropause – Andropause, commonly known as male menopause, results from low testosterone levels.
- Adrenal fatigue – Adrenal fatigue can be caused by low cortisol levels, your stress hormone. Fatigue often results from long exposures to stress.
- Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism – A hypothyroid gland produces insufficient thyroid hormones due to an underactive thyroid gland. On the other hand, having an overactive thyroid gland can cause a high thyroid hormone level and increase metabolism.
Can my hormone imbalance be corrected?
Your endocrine system, which controls the different glands and hormones in the body, needs the same things the rest of your body needs to stay healthy. You should exercise, eat well-balanced meals, and see your healthcare provider regularly.
Aside from leading a healthy lifestyle, hormone therapy can help correct hormone imbalance. For men, hormone therapy can restore sexual function and muscle strength, so you can continue feeling younger for a longer period.
Talk to your provider if you have a family history of diabetes or thyroid disorders. Managing these conditions can help you avoid a hormone imbalance that can lead to health problems.
Hormone therapy in West Palm Beach
At Hormone Logics, we can help you understand how hormone therapy can benefit men. Our goal is to get you feeling better and having more energy by finding and removing factors that affect your hormones.
West Palm Beach’s Hormone Logics is a hormone clinic that makes aging better effortless. Men and women going through menopause and low testosterone may benefit from our individualized hormone therapy.
Hormone therapy can help reverse signs and symptoms of hormone imbalance, giving you the ability to enjoy life. We offer exercise and diet programs on top of hormone therapy to help you reach your health goals. We can also help you understand how these imbalances affect your body.
With our effective hormone therapy programs designed for men, you will be able to enjoy a new phase of your life. Come see what our program can do for you! Contact Hormone Logics today at (561) 640-3333 to schedule a consultation.