Thyroid Hormone Therapy for Women - West Palm Beach FL
The thyroid gland is a small, butterfly-shaped gland found in the lower part of the neck. Thyroid hormones control a woman’s metabolism. Therefore thyroid hormones are closely linked to energy levels, weight, and overall mental and physical fitness. The brain produces thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) which triggers the thyroid gland to produce two types of hormones – T4 and T3. Women can have issues if their bodies are not making enough thyroid hormone, or if they are making too much thyroid hormone.
In hypothyroidism, the female body has inadequate levels of the thyroid hormones. This often leads to imbalances in relation to other hormones. Hyperthyroidism is when there is too much thyroid hormone present. Hypothyroidism (low levels of thyroid hormone) is a far more common problem.
Because every cell of the body is affected by thyroid hormones, symptoms of thyroid hormone imbalances are often varied and can and do affect multiple body systems.
What Are the Benefits of Thyroid Hormone Therapy for Women?
There is not one simple treatment for thyroid imbalances. Thyroid hormone therapy could include iodine supplements, thyroid replacement hormones, along with diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes. The goal of thyroid hormone treatment is to return normal thyroid functioning as much as possible. The benefits of thyroid hormone therapy for women include:
- Improved energy – One of the most common symptoms of thyroid dysfunction in women, is a feeling of fatigue and a lack of energy. Thyroid hormone therapy can reverse this effect and improve energy and vitality.
- Better tolerance of cold/improved temperature regulation – Another telltale sign of a thyroid issue is a poor tolerance to cold, and/or an inability to properly regulate body temperature. Thyroid hormone therapy can prevent the common fluctuations between sweating and feeling cold that is typical of a thyroid imbalance.
- Improved mood – Thyroid hormone therapy helps bring all hormones into balance, which results in fewer mood swings, as well as less anxiety and depression.
- Improved libido and sexual function – Our patients on thyroid hormone therapy report improved sex drive and more satisfying sexual relations.
- Improved memory and focus – Thyroid hormone therapy can reduce memory loss and “foggy thinking” that is typical of women who are suffering from a thyroid hormone imbalance.
What Makes Us Different
Hormone Logics has been successfully treating women for thyroid hormone imbalances for many years. We do not take a cookie-cutter approach to thyroid imbalances in women, but rather treat each patient as a unique individual and tailor a thyroid hormone therapy program tailored to her unique needs and lifestyle.
Women who receive thyroid hormone therapy benefit from a return to more stable metabolic processes. They will achieve better cold tolerance, have more energy, greater sexual satisfaction, and an overall improved sense of health and wellness.
Call us today at (561) 640-3333 to speak to one of our advisors and find out if thyroid hormone therapy is right for you!